Town of Babylon
57 Field Street, West Babylon
Open Monday-Friday: 8am-2:30pm
Recycling options: curbside and residential drop-off are available to residents.
- Pick-up of bottles and cans alternates every Wednesday with pick-up of papers, except during holiday weeks when they will be picked up on your regular garbage day (Thursday or Friday).
- E-Waste is no longer picked up curbside. Electronics can be dropped off at the Residential Recycling Facility in West Babylon or returned to place of sale. Arrangements for special pick-up can also be made. Residents should also explore online reimbursement programs for unwanted electronics.
- Natural Christmas Trees will be picked up on the same days as your yard waste.
- Please use only standard 33 gallon pails with lids, molded handles and no tie-down straps. No material can be above the top of the can. This helps your garbage collectors avoid injury.
- Be sure to rinse out your bottles and cans before putting them out for collection. This helps reduce contamination at the Recycling Center
- Never use plastic bags to package newspaper at the curb. Always tie up newspaper with twine before putting it out for collection.
- Keep your garbage collectors safe and your streets clean by never putting liquid paints out to the curb. Paint cans that get crushed in the back of trucks often spew paint.
- Recyclable cardboard can become easily contaminated by grease and food remnants (i.e. a pizza box). If your cardboard is contaminated, please put it out for regular pickup.
- Not sure if an item at your curb is too large to be picked up or if your yard waste isn't bundled properly? Visit www.enconbabylon.com or call 491-3200.
For more information on the Town of Babylon's Stormwater Management programs, you can visit their Department of Environmental Control site.
For a listing of Town of Babylon's parks and recreational sites, visit their Parks and Recreation page.
For information on the Town of Babylon shellfish site closures, click Babylon Closures.